Follow on Twitter

July 07, 2019

So yes, I know it's been a long long time, but I have started brewing again.

A few weeks ago (6/26/19) I decided to ease back into things and brew up a batch of The Valkyrie.
 
3lbs 6row, 5lbs Munich Light, 5 lbs of Pilsen, some Saaz and my homegrown hops.

Instead of East Coast Ale yeast, I had to use American Ale yeast due to a shortage at the local supply place.

I used a yeast starter (although I didn't need to) and fermentation started almost immediately - even though I pitched a little hot at 75° F.

My gravity was 14.7° Plato.

Since I brewed outside I used about ½ a propane tank (I used WAY more than I should have just testing the whole system out after such a long hiatus).

Next I'll be moving it over to it's secondary fermentation vessel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Stuff...