Follow on Twitter

April 04, 2012

It's all about the space

Good news: The keg in the basement doesn't have a leak... my brain does (the gas-in hose wasn't connected properly).

In an unrelated turn of non-events, I've been working on creating a layout for the main brewery operation.  I'm trying to make things as efficient and flowing --- (no pun intended) -- (um - who am I kidding?  The pun was intended)--- efficient and flowing as possible.  So, I've been creating scenarios in my head (and on paper) that follow a batch from start to finish... from water & grain to keg and ship.  The only problem is, I don't have any idea at all what the space will look like.  We're just not ready for that stage of the business yet... I'm going to put off the $500 LLC cost and paying rent for as long as possible before making the leap to being a legal operation.

I've found one place that seemed like it's be a good fit, but it's not zoned industrial... which means no manufacturing... which means no beer making.

So, until then--- I'm checking Craigslist.org every day!  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Stuff...