Follow on Twitter

May 08, 2012

The Waiting Game

It's Tuesday and I have just transferred the last of the S.H.A. into a secondary to sit for a couple of weeks until the big day.  Until then, I've got the remainder of the Fool's Golden and an interesting batch of Gelblicht (some of which is in growlers in the basement, and some of which is still in a bright tank upstairs) to mull over.  When that runs out... I hope I will have the will-power to not tap into one of these beautiful batches.  If this rain keeps up, I don't think I will make it.

I've also been doing a bit of studying of Newton's Cooling Law just to see if I am able to predict when my wort cools to about 75F post boil.  So far I figure it takes about 10 hours for a 212F wort to get down to 75 without any help, but I may have rounded "e" to too few places to be really accurate.  I don't have any real reason to be doing this figuring because I just picked up a wort-chiller, but... I'd be a good thing to know.  I'm just not sure if I need to find the specific heat of my wort.  This is beginning to sound like an episode of the Big Bang Theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us Stuff...